at KLX Energy
Posted on Apr. 17, 2017
Meet with Recruiters In-Person
Wednesday, April 26th
10 am - 2 pm
Click Apply Now for Details......
We are currently seeking Wireline Operators (Pressure Control, Pipe Recovery) for our Midland, TX location.
Under direct supervision, responsible for the safe execution of operations in all aspects of open-hole and/or cased-hole logging and completion services which may include, but is not limited to, rigging up the truck at the service location, assisting with all operations both in the shop and at the wellsite.
Operates and maintains the assigned wireline truck and equipment, as well as keeps records for the overall operation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installation / disassembly (rig up/rig down) of wireline and pressure control equipment in accordance with original manufacturer’s standards including verification of applicable certifications.
• Assembles, secures, and disconnects equipment.
• Monitors, evaluates, and adjusts process or equipment to maximize quality and efficiency.
• Tasks are performed in accordance with applicable safety guidelines, as well as appropriate industry standards.
• Performs a combination of shipping, loading, and unloading duties.
• Follows all standard shipping practices and procedures with full compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations including additional transportation routing and scheduling requirements.
• Verifies and documents identity and quantity of all equipment.
• Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots wireline truck and equipment including diagnostics, as well as keeps records for the overall operation.
• Drives Company vehicles & equipment: wireline trucks, cranes, pickup truck, pickup truck with trailer
• Ensures compliance with all regulations applicable to wireline explosives operations
• Clean and maintain company vehicles, tools, & equipment;
• Troubleshoot tool, equipment, and truck problems; Redress tools in the shop and in the field
• Provides support to crew members with operations on and off location and liaise with technicians on equipment failure
• Education: Less than High School Education
• Work Experience: 0-2 years
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
• Communicate with personnel and customers
• Obtain a Class A CDL with Hazmat Endorsement
• Obtain a Notice of Clearance from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
• Read and understand safety labels and postings
• ATF Employee Possessor of Explosives; Explosives safety
• State Blaster License
• Relevant oilfield product line experience
• Class A CDL with Hazmat Endorsement
Current Certification(s) / License(s):
• Forklift Operator
• Crane Operator
• Quality & HSE Certifications
• Perform effectively under stress of frequent interruptions and/or distractions
• Perform variety of duties/ managing multiple duties at once
• Accept equivocal circumstances and take action to resolve issues/problems
• Follow all safety guidelines and manufacturer’s standards
• Work well with others and take direction from management
• Precise hand/eye coordination: Constantly
• Basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions:
• Frequently Operation of heavy equipment or operation of vehicles: • Frequently Lifting/pushing objects weighing over: > 50 lbs:
• Constantly Climbing and working in awkward and cramped positions
• Frequently Exposure to inclement weather
• Ability to walk and work on slippery, uneven, surfaces
• Frequently handling loads exceeding 100lbs
• Lifting, carrying, turning, squatting, and moving with loads exceeding 50lbs
• Climbing up and down ladders
• Climbing into and out of wireline trucks
• Work in confined/small spaces
KLX Energy Services LLC provides a broad range of technical solutions and equipment to our customers. We provide the right people, best equipment and most convenient locations to deliver expert energy services for every phase of the wellsite. This includes drilling, completions, re-fracing, production, workover, and plug and abandonment. From technical services and wireline to rentals and accommodations, we keep our customers operations running economically, effectively and safely.
At KLX, you'll work side-by-side with devoted professionals. You’ll enjoy the benefits of a strong and evolving company; such as excellent compensation and benefits packages, limitless opportunities for professional growth, and a voice in shaping our future. All while working in an environment that emphasizes teamwork, integrity, and professionalism.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.