at KLX Energy
Posted on Apr. 17, 2017
Meet with Recruiters In-Person
Wednesday, April 26th
10 am - 2 pm
Click Apply Now for Details......
We are currently seeking Wireline Field Engineers for our Midland, TX location.
Wireline Field Engineers guarantee delivery and execution of operations to customers. Activities include leading a crew of operators, applies procedures for the operation of wireline truck and equipment, tools, and techniques related to formation evaluation, production logging, perforating services, conveyance, imaging, explosives, and radioactive handling / safety in order to ensure safe execution of operations
• Plans, prepares, and coordinates operations at a wellsite controlling quality of service delivery and execution during all phases of operations to ensure procedures are performed in accordance with original equipment manufacturer’s standards, applicable safety guidelines, as well as appropriate industry standards
• Trains and supervises crew of operators in use of assigned tools preparation of the unit and calibration of equipment; responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work for crew
• Performs a combination of shipping, loading, and unloading duties. Follows all standard shipping practices and procedures with full compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations including additional transportation routing and scheduling requirements.
• Verifies and documents identity and quantity of all equipment
• Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots wireline truck and equipment including diagnostics, as well as keeps records for the overall operation; may also operate heavy machinery with proper certification
• Drives Company vehicles & equipment: wireline trucks, cranes, pickup truck, pickup truck with trailer
• Ensures compliance with all regulations applicable to wireline explosives operations
• Interfaces with customers noting unusual conditions at the wellsite, maintains direct contact with the company’s representatives throughout the operations, prepares, drafts, and completes logs for printing per customer requirements, and ensures the confidentiality of all logging operations
• Provides support to crew members with operations on and off location and liaise with management on equipment failure
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
• Communicate with personnel and customers
• Obtain a Class A CDL with Hazmat Endorsement
• Obtain a Notice of Clearance from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
• Obtain a State Blaster License
• Read and understand safety labels and postings
• ATF Employee Possessor of Explosives; Explosives safety
• State Blaster License
• Relevant oilfield product line experience
• Class A CDL with Hazmat Endorsement
Current Certification(s) / License(s):
• Forklift Operator
• Crane Operator
• Quality & HSE Certifications
• Perform effectively under stress of frequent interruptions and/or distractions
• Perform variety of duties/ managing multiple duties at once
• Accept equivocal circumstances and take action to resolve issues/problems
• Follow all safety guidelines and manufacturer’s standards
• Work well with others and take direction from management
KLX Energy Services LLC provides a broad range of technical solutions and equipment to our customers. We provide the right people, best equipment and most convenient locations to deliver expert energy services for every phase of the wellsite. This includes drilling, completions, re-fracing, production, workover, and plug and abandonment. From technical services and wireline to rentals and accommodations, we keep our customers operations running economically, effectively and safely.
At KLX, you'll work side-by-side with devoted professionals. You’ll enjoy the benefits of a strong and evolving company; such as excellent compensation and benefits packages, limitless opportunities for professional growth, and a voice in shaping our future. All while working in an environment that emphasizes teamwork, integrity, and professionalism.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.