Posted on Apr. 18, 2017
Baptist Village of Owasso is seeking an exceptional individual to join our team as a RN for the weekend shift. We offer competitive pay, medical, dental, excellent staffing ratios, and quality service to seniors. Be a part of something special. Come experience the best in the business to work for and change lives at the same time. Serving God, Serving You, Serving Together.
Responsible for supervising all aspects of nursing team and resident care during weekends.
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing.
• Supervises performance of CNA’s, CMA’s, Restorative Aides and Charge Nurses; provides needed instruction and counseling for improvement of their performance. This may include education, counseling, verbal, and written warnings.
• Acts as RN of record for Evergreen and performs all duties related to this assignment.
• Works in the Neighborhood as Charge Nurse/Team Leader if necessary.
• Oversees admissions and discharges of all residents. Ensures that correct assessments and documentation has been completed in a timely manner.
• Communicates with physicians, staff, residents, and family members when needed to facilitate continuity of care.
• Practices universal precautions and infection control.
• Assures proper response of team to fire and safety events.
• Maintains and upgrades skills in nursing practice, leadership, and management.
• Sets and reviews priorities in response to situation and ongoing change/evaluation.
• Demonstrates flexibility and dependability in job assignments.
• Reads, follows, and ensures compliance of new and existing procedures and policies.
• Attends mandatory in-services.
• Performs monthly assessments/summaries as assigned by DON.
• Performs treatments on residents as necessary.
• Interacts and communicates with fellow staff in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
• Complies with all safety rules and regulations. Follows proper safety procedure and utilizes proper protective equipment at all times.
• Maintains good communication with DON to keep her informed and up to date on events that occur during the weekend.
• Represents Baptist Village in a proper and professional manner by demonstrating and promoting our Mission, Vision, and Values.
• Performs other necessary duties as assigned.
RN required. Previous supervisory experience required.
Long Term Care experience preferred.
Good physical and mental health. Ability to organize and carry out assignments. Ability to multi-task. Ability to maintain good working relationships with employees, residents, and guests.