Posted on Sep. 23, 2016
Supervisor, Water Utility Operations
Corix helps communities build and manage infrastructure for water, wastewater and sustainable energy. Our services range from providing products for water and wastewater distribution systems to turn-key multi-utility systems management. With over 70 years of experience, Corix brings unmatched expertise and stability to our partners and clients, and provides the most appropriate, cost effective, long-term utility infrastructure solutions.
Corix has an immediate opening for a Supervisor, Water Utility Operations for our Bastrop, Texas operations.
This position will direct the work of other Corix employees. The successful candidate will supervise, coordinate and direct the activities of the water and wastewater operations staff to ensure the day to day operations are conducted in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
· High school diploma or GED plus six or more years’ experience in water/wastewater operations maintenance or construction.
· Class C Water certification from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
· Class B Wastewater Treatment certification from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of chemistry, mathematics, mechanical and electrical repair concepts and methods and electrical circuit theory;
• Skill in providing leadership, direction and supervision of staff;
• Skill in analysis of electrical and electronic control systems;
• Basic skill in reading and interpreting diagrams and prints;
• Skill in the use of communications equipment (e.g., mobile radio);
• Skill in verbal and written communication;
• Skill in communicating effectively with team members, supervision / management and external organizations under normal and emergency conditions;
• Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to work in a team environment; and
• Ability to balance and manage competing and high priority work demands.
Local candidates only, no relocation reimbursement provided.
Corix is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities.
To apply click "QUICK APPLY" link NOW!