Posted on Jul. 27, 2016
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking a Laundry Wash Person to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Laundry Wash Person will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Laundry and Houekeeping Department to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression as we ensure a quality experience through our linens and terrys.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
* Loads linen into the washer.
* Selects the correct formula card for the type of linen being washed.
* Records washer start and finish on the production report.
* Unloads linen from the washer.
* Loads linen in and out of the dryer.
* Keeps work area and assigned machine clean.
* Performs any other task required by the Laundry and Uniform Services Assistant.
* Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treat other employees (and the guests) with courtesy and respect.
* Completes any other duties as assigned by management.
* Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
* Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management, and fellow employees.
* Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions.
* Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, and work area.
* Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
* Complies with safety regulations and procedures.
* Complies with hotel policies and rules.
* Recycles whenever possible.
* Remains current with hotel information and changes.
Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
* No experience necessary.
* Must have Basic English skills.
* Must be able to stand for 8 hours and withstand hot temperatures at the washing machine.
* Must be able to pull wet sheets and lay them into a cart for processing.
* Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds. Must be flexible to work any shifts, including weekends and holidays.
* Must be customer-service orientated and have excellent hospitality skills.