Posted on Jul. 29, 2017
We are looking for candidates with 2nd shift (2:00pm-10:30pm Sunday-Thursday; or 2:00pm-10:30pm Tuesday-Saturday) and 3rd shift (10:00pm-6:30am Sunday-Thursday; or 10:00pm-6:30am Tuesday-Saturday) availability.
The warehouse worker performs all warehouse job functions including but not limited to picking, palletizing, auditing, receiving, packaging and manifesting products.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure products are stocked and fronted according to planograms and keeps aisles clear and neat.
• Complete stocking and/or top stock of direct (TL-LTL) freight.
• Re-sort incorrectly sorted items by delivering items to the specific department.
• Ensure efficient disbursement of product from receiving to appropriate department.
• Notify a member of management when products in box do not match box description and records what was received versus what is missing.
• Perform receiving duties, inventory maintenance, and Area recovery.
• Process Returns from Customers for disposition (return to stock or disposal)
• Review picked orders for accuracy prior to shipping
• Complete audit forms and process to communicate errors
• Ensure that errors are corrected prior to shipment
• Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
• Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
• Open bales, crates and other containers
• Maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer.
• Assist in counting of physical inventory
• Prepare parcels for mailing
• Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping neat-sweep, dust and mop.
Safety Compliance/Inventory Control/Maintenance (30%)
• Refuel and charge equipment when necessary.
• Ensure good housekeeping standards are in place are executed daily to guarantee that the warehouse (including work areas) is clean and organized at all times.
• Ensure compliance with all safety policies, housekeeping rules, OSHA standards/regulations and Spectrum Brands, HHI policies and procedures.
• Participate in training for Hazmat, equipment, and safety procedures.
• Monitor power equipment use, ensures it adheres to Spectrum Brands, HHI safety standards, and reports any violations to immediate supervisors.
• Notify a member of Management of complaints, dissatisfaction, and procedure violations.
• Education and Experience Profile
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• General knowledge of distribution center layout.
• 1 - 2 years of experience in a warehouse, distribution or logistics business operation.
• Knowledge of key warehouse functions (i.e. Receiving, Inventory Management, Order Processing, Replenishment, and Shipping).
• Broad knowledge of methods and procedures in the various distribution center functions.
• Ability to read, write, understand and effectively communicate pertinent information and standard operating procedures.
• Must be able to function in a quick moving, highly interactive team environment.
• Must have the ability to multi task as well as be detail oriented. Work well with numbers (mathematics).
• Must possess natural curiosity and ability to recognize missing elements.
• Must be able to perform without specific daily direction.
• Demonstrate organizational skills.
• Must have the ability and willingness to work collaboratively with other people and departments.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the business.
• Must be a self-starter, creative thinker, and results oriented individual.
• No written warnings/documentation within the last 6 months (internal candidates).
• No Safety infractions/incidents within the last 6 months (internal candidates).
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.