Posted on Sep. 25, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Michael’s Finer Meats a Division of the Chef’s Warehouse is looking for an energetic, experienced, detail oriented employee to join our Warehouse distribution team.
The Warehouse Worker will be responsible primarily through warehouse to replenish stock as needed. Maintain cleanliness of work space by performing the following duties:
• Stock materials and items in designated locations or other designated areas using forklift, cherry picker and rider pallet jack.
• Sorts and places items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in freezers and refrigerated rooms.
• Marks or labels items with identifying information.
• Opens boxes, crates, and other containers as necessary.
• Records amounts of items distributed.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standard
• Maintains inventory records.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area including freezer and warehouse.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual be able to use a scan gun, enter location changes and their information.
• Must be able to pass forklift, cherry pickers and pallet jack training.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, employee must be able to work in freezer (-12 degrees)and refrigerated areas (30 degrees). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move 50 to 80 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand, to walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor