Posted on Jul. 17, 2017
This position will be responsible for reporting to and receiving direction from the Yard Manager·. The position will ensure the company goals and objectives are achieved, including safety, productivity, quality control customer service, and employee satisfaction.
1. Sorting material efficiently and accurately.
2. De-reel material efficiently and accurately.
3. Maintain a clean and safe yard.
4. Attend safety meetings and promote safe behavior throughout the company.
5. Meet established yard production goals, i.e. sorting, loading, shredding, cost/lbs., etc.
6. Maintain superior quality control of finished product.
7. Attend all scheduled corporate training and meetings.
8. Maintain all equipment, i.e. forklifts, bobcats, balers. shears etc.
9. All other duties as assigned.
• Manufacturing knowledge
• Forklift and/or skid steer loader proficiency
• Safe operations of forklift and/or skid steer loader
• Interpersonal skills
• Ability to understand and follow safety procedures and policies
• Ability to adapt to changing situations
• Ability to work well under pressure with demands and deadlines.
• Communication skills.
• Excellent presence and work ethic
• Ability to identify and properly sort all Ferrous and Non Ferrous material.
Working conditions are normal for a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Exposure may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses. safety vest. hearing protectors, and steel toed work boots, with metal sole liners. As in most manufacturing jobs, the environment can be loud/noisy and dusty. Subject to regular bending, twisting, reaching, working overhead, working above ground and/or on irregular surfaces.