Posted on Jul. 20, 2017
Dock Workers in Princeton, Indiana
Experience preferred but we will train someone new to the industry. Paid training provided.
Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment. Successful candidates will have experience in warehouse work, driving a forklift, material handling, and customer service.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world.
Education requirementsHigh school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience requirementsSuccessful candidates will have experience in warehouse work, driving a forklift, material handling, and customer service.
Qualifications• Experience preferred but we will train those new to the industry
- Paid Training Available
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
• Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
• Flexible to work overtime preferred
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
Responsibilities• Accurately match numbers & letters
• Accurately stage and sort products for loading
• Loads and unloads trailers
• Opens and closes dock doors
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
• Pulling of manual dock chain
• Stacks cardboard boxes and pallets
• Move materials within the warehouse
• Complies with all safety requirements
• Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
• Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system
• Quality control
• Ensure damaged products are identified and removed when received
• Complete daily logs
• Communicate with associates from other shifts
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
• Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
• Assemble product co
Skills• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.