Posted on Nov. 28, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Resource Employment is hiring Warehouse Associates for DHL/Abercrombie/Dismas/Kimball
Performs tasks that require physical abilities and effort involving minimal specialized skill or prior work experience.
Responsible for the accurate storing, shipping, and receiving of product to meet company standards or safety, security, and productivity.
Position Requirements, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Works well with peers
• High school diploma or equivalent is desirable.
• 0 to 12 months experience in a warehouse setting desirable.
• Ability to operate powered pallet jack safely and efficiently.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work a specified shift.
• Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules.
• Ability to identify and locate product which requires reading and counting.
• Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions.
• Ability to work on feet for prolonged periods of time in a fast paced environment.
• Have appropriate eye, hand and foot coordination to properly execute position.
• Desirable - Basic familiarity with warehousing.
• Frequent Pushing , Pulling (100 lbs), Lifting (100 lbs), Carrying (100 lbs), Climbing, Kneeling,
• Must be able to pass background check, drug test and be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis for any employer
Primary Functions and Scope of Responsibilities:
• Manually load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner. Provide physical labor to move product to storage areas with proper material handling equipment and efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
• Assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
• Sort, recoup, pack, mark, and label materials.
• Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation. Perform duties needed for assembling displays and other specialty value-added services per the customers’ requirements.
• Participate in physical inventories.
• Performs general grounds/building maintenance.
• Operation of equipment (mounting and dismounting Forklift and tools).
• 90% inside, 10% outside.
• Extreme Temperatures (freezer cooled environment, non-cooled warehouse),
• Hazards (the work involves risks or discomforts, e.g. working around moving parts and equipment)
• Safety Equipment (some safety precautions and/or the use of protective safety equipment), Chemical Exposure (may be exposed to hazardous materials), Other (May require compliance with OSHA regulations or MSDS standards).