Posted on May. 16, 2017
Opustone and Tile Concepts, one of Florida's largest importers and distributors of the finest stones including slabs, tiles and accessories is currently seeking material handlers to join our warehouse team in West Palm Beach.
The material handler will move, store and organize merchandise utilizing a forklift or overhead crane. They also pull, prepare and load merchandise for delivery.
• Packs, labels and tags inventory.
• Stacks and secures materials on pallets.
• Pulls and moves materials to staging area or loads on transportation vehicle.
• Ensures that merchandise is loaded and routed on appropriate vehicle.
• Maintains inventory and shipping records by completing logs.
• Maintains safe and clean work environment by following company policies and procedures and in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
• Follows established operational and safety policies and procedures; wears proper safety equipment as required.
• 1 to 3 years warehouse experience; prior experience in the tile/stone industry helpful.
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
• Good oral communication skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work Saturday hours is required.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
Prior forklift certification or experience required
Valid Florida Driver’s License required
Steel-toed shoes required
• Work routines frequently require prolonged periods of standing, lifting and carrying materials and/or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Work is regularly performed in a combination of outdoor weather and indoor warehouse conditions and is regularly exposed to uncomfortable conditions due to extreme temperatures, sunlight, noise levels and/or dust.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including:
• medical, dental and vision coverage
• Holiday and vacation pay
• 401(k) Program
Opustone and Tile Concepts is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.