Posted on Mar. 16, 2017
A little about us:
Empire® has provided quality, name-brand products at great prices for more than 50 years. The company was founded in 1959 as a small, family-owned business in Chicago and has grown into a nationwide leader in flooring and window treatments. Since 1974 we have been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business and hold an A+ rating. Through the dedication and hard work of our employees and contractors we have earned numerous customer service and business ethics awards and our goal is to continue delivering outstanding, quality products with an amazing team of customer-focused employees. Come and join us in our quest to provide a great product and service to our customers!
A little about this amazing opportunity as a Warehouse Associate:
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for handling all flooring inventory, including receiving, picking, staging, loading/unloading, transporting, and disposal in accordance with Company safety and operating policies and procedures. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
What makes this a great opportunity?
• Veteran employees who are cross-trained and able to assist in training and/or assisting as needed
• Large, established company
• Opportunity for growth, either in the warehouse or other departments
• Safety is a priority
• 401k with matching funds
• Medical and dental benefits available
A little about your responsibilities:
• Perform material movement tasks for order filling, receiving, and loading and unloading
• Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas
• Sort and place material on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code
• Safely operate a forklift and/or other specialized machinery to move, load, unload, stack and remove materials from bins
• Accurately record amount of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate scanning equipment to read, store, query and track inventory
• Wear proper safety equipment and following safety guidelines at all times
• Perform facility maintenance duties as needed, including sweeping, mopping and disposal of trash
• Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
• Other duties as requested or assigned
A little about the skills required to be successful in this role:
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Valid driver’s license with a clear driving record required
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, order specs, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
• Basic math skills
• Ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
• Team player