Posted on Sep. 8, 2017
You’re looking for a job, we’re looking for you. That is, as long as you thrive in a fast-moving environment, don’t mind working with and around moving mechanical parts, and are okay with a little noise. Our fulfillment centers are where Amazon orders come to life, where we focus on delighting our customers by delivering smiling boxes filled with everything under the sun.
Continue reading, you’re on your way to your new adventure with Amazon.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Fulfillment center:
• Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes…following the rules.
• Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
• Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We’ll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
• Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
• Cool with casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday every day.
• Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
• Temperature in the fulfillment center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
• You’ve got mail. Receive products using frequency scanners and unload shipments from trucks.
• Cozy kicks. You’ll stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility – good shoes are a must!
• Hands-on experience. You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
• On the move. You should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
• Potential opportunity to operate PIT equipment; special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability.
Hourly Pay Rate: $11.50
Let’s sweeten the deal…
• Weekly pay schedule
• Holiday overtime pay
• Basic Life, AD&D insurance
• On-the-job training and skill development
• Employee Assistance Program