Posted on Sep. 6, 2016
Full Time, Part Time, Contract
Barton Solvents is hiring for a:
Why not make what you are worth?
Barton Solvents, Inc. is a stocking wholesale distributor of industrial chemicals, oils, surfactants, and plasticizers. Based in Des Moines, Iowa with additional distribution facilities in Iowa, Kansas, and Wisconsin, Barton Solvents has been providing quality products and services to a wide range of industries for over 75 years.
Barton Solvents is currently hiring for a Warehouse Associate at Kansas City location.
• Monday to Friday
• Office hours: 7am to 5pm
• Unloading and loading materials and goods from incoming and outgoing trucks and railcars.
• Moves, stores, spaces and repackages material as directed.
• Receives training on forklifts and other power equipment.
• Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds multiple times per day.
• Reconditioning of drums and other containers. Packaging of liquid chemicals in drums, tankers and other containers.
• Able to assist in maintenance and cleaning of the facility.
• No experience needed
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Competitive warehouse wages paid by the hour, with over time and monthly profit sharing
• Retirement Plans –fully company funded (over 17% of yearly wages contributed by the company)
• Workers Compensation
• Medical Insurance – Blue Cross Blue Shield
• Dental Insurance –Delta Dental
• Group Life insurance of $50,000
• Sick Pay -1st year is 20 hours and 2nd year is 40 hours. We pay employee for unused hours at year end. Sick days can be used as a personal day.
• Vacation pay -1 week for 1st year, 2 weeks 2nd year, 3 weeks 10 years and 4 weeks 25 years.
• 6 Paid Holidays
• Family Medical Leave act
• Group Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employee Assistant Program