Posted on Sep. 26, 2017
The Chefs’ Warehouse Midwest is seeking an experienced and dependable warehouse worker to join our team!
Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manage the receiving process onsite. Verifies all merchandise deliveries according to Company standards
• Conveys materials and items from stocked locations or production areas to storage or to other designated areas using forklift, cherry picker and rider pallet jack. Sorts and places items on racks and shelves
• Ensures timely and accurate input of all freight information Inventory Management System
• Ensures proper receiving procedures are used for control of shortages
• Ensures an orderly and neatly maintained stock and receiving area as well as the general maintenance of the warehouse
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line
• Marks materials with identifying information
• Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed
• Uses computer to enter records
• Assists in floor moves
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training
• Positive attitude, ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Must be reliable, punctual, and professional
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s
• Ability to operate a fork lift, pallet jack, scan gun, and basic computer skills
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell
At The Chefs’ Warehouse, we are dedicated to providing our employees the tools to succeed. We offer the following benefits:
• Competitive Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
• 401k with Company match
• Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Company Holidays)
• Employee Discounts
• The opportunity for growth at a rapidly growing company
The above job description and requirements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Chefs’ Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.