at Terumo BCT
Posted on Dec. 22, 2016
LEAD RECRUITER: Jackie Cassidy
COUNTRY: United States
VP Global Supply Chain Leuven, Belgium; Fujinomiya, Japan; Larne, Northern Ireland; Trivandrum, India; and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
If you have built a global organizational team or have been part of one and are ready for a new challenge, you could be an integral part in taking our already strong, effective team to world class status. As a member of the Terumo BCT Executive Team, you will cover the entire supply chain, upwards of 160 associates, with world-wide responsibilities to include oversight for the execution of procurement, planning and logistics in support of global manufacturing operations, while partnering with Quality and Design Engineering.
You will do this by orchestrating and delivering on our five year strategic plan to better serve our factories in Lakewood, CO, EMEA and APAC regions through key leaders and reporting directly to our CFO/EVP Global Operations.
Extensive international travel required.
Minimum of 15 years progressive business and management experience within Supply Chain/Logistics, with 10 years of multinational experience, including emerging markets required, Masters or MBA preferred.
SAP and other system applications a plus, medical device a plus.
Creates the strategy, leads, plans and directs the global supply chain function for all factories, warehouses distributed products and customers. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, directing procurement, planning and logistics; development of strategy for acquisition of materials, planning, distribution of finished goods and utilization of resources. Member of the Operations Executive Committee, and may participate on other Business Area Management Teams. Additionally, the role is a member of the Terumo BCT Executive Team. Responsibilities include oversight for the execution of procurement, planning and logistics in support of global manufacturing operations, while partnering with Quality and Design Engineering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Partners with Vice President Global Manufacturing to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of all inbound goods utilized in the manufacturing process and all customer products.
* Provides strategic direction, leadership and long-term planning for the Planning (Sales and Operations Planning (S or ten to fifteen years related managerial/executive experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 15 years progressive business and management experience within Supply Chain/Logistics, with 10 years of multinational experience, including emerging markets
* Work with drug/device combination products is desired
* Experience in high-volume manufacturing environment required
* Experience with demand modeling and statistical forecasting techniques
* Experience with planning in a Global environment
* Comprehensive and demonstrated knowledge and use of the Sales and Operations Planning Process (S&OP)
* Demonstrated ability to develop global inventory plans to support the customers using the S&OP process
* Achivement of high inventory turns and integration of Material Resource Planning (MRP) processes with lean manufacturing, and Just in Time (JIT) principles
* Execution of large scale, global Enterprise Respource Planning (ERP) systems and implementation of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
* Demonstrated success with year-over-year cost reduction strategies on a global scale
* Capacity to define and communicate planning, procurement and logistics challenges and provide guidance to top management in developing and implementing positive and proactive solutions
* Knowledge of current FDA, or other, regulatory and ISO requirements and trends affecting medical devices or comparably manufactured products
* Ability to help management team balance planning, procurement and logistics requirements with business requirements and identify solutions to meet both sets of requirements
* Knowledge of raw materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
* Experience in inventory control methods, inventory expiration requirements, and achieving metrics
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills. Comfortable and confident presenting at an executive management level. Professional and poised.
* Demonstrated ability to lead people in a highly organized fashion and get results through others
* Possess a strong commitment to TBCT values
Requires the capability for significant travel domestically and internationally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the typical office environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
For further information, please contact Jackie Cassidy, Senior. Recruiter, 303-542-5041 or Jackie.Cassidy@terumobct.com
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.