Posted on May. 10, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Flexible schedule
Get to Know Alorica:
At Alorica, we only do one thing – make lives better, one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer experiences, serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Captioning Services Specialist Position Summary:
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to offer "covert" client support. The individuals you are assisting with communication will actually never hear your voice or directly talk to you - but you will be doing a lot of talking.
This particular role supports a federally funded telecommunications relay program that provides assistance to the deaf and hard of hearing community by efficiently and accurately re-voicing telephone conversations between a hearing party and a person with hearing loss via speech recognition software.
Captioning Agents send real time text captions to customers using voice-to-text transcription software (no typing required). This service allows Americans with hearing loss to use the telephone for their daily communication needs.
You’re literally the voice to text of the brand, and a strong relationship between our clients and their customers starts with you. So only the awesome need apply.
Why Join Alorica?
Every day, we aim to live up to our mission of creating insanely great customer experiences. But as Alorica employees, giving back matters just as much – that’s why we’re so proud of Making Lives Better with Alorica, a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing assistance to employees, their families and the people, organizations and communities who support them.
Simply put, we want to make lives better…one interaction at a time. And to do that, we need the very best people to join us.
But please, allow us to entice you further! As an Alorica employee, you may receive:
- Paid training
- Flexible training schedules
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday and sick time
- Retirement planning options (401(k))
- Employee discounts through client programs
Working at Alorica means potentially having the freedom to explore all kinds of career options – from customer service, training, and tech support, to management, recruiting and more. Alorica offers fun, challenging opportunities to pursue your professional goals, and we want you to have fun and succeed – because when you’re at your best, that’s when we’re at our best.
- Maintain quality standards for speed and accuracy
- Abide by strict Confidentiality Agreement (calls could be about health to personal to family to romance)
- Ability to focus and repeat heard language clearly in order to provide fast and accurate captioning on telephone calls
- Ability to enunciate clearly while separating words and emphasizing word endings (the talk to text program needs to understand you)
- Outstanding English grammar skills and vocabulary
- Excellent hearing and ability to discern meaning from a variety of accents, regional dialects and areas of knowledge
- Strong short-term memory recall and focus with ability to re-voice verbatim what is heard in real time
- High work ethic standards. Ability to self-monitor to meet individual and team quality and attendance goals
Benefits of the Captioning Agent Position:
- Low Stress Environment
- No Sales
- No Customer Interaction
- No Escalations
- Fun Work Environment
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel applications
Recruiters are actively reviewing resumes and scheduling interviews for this unique Customer Service position in Omaha, NE.
So what do you say? Ready to take the next step?
The Next Step:
Let’s make lives better. Let’s defy the status quo. And let’s go beyond thinking outside the box – and decide to obliterate the box instead.
You ready? Let’s do this.
Click "Apply Now" to begin the application process. Simply submit your contact information and attach your resume!
We are looking forward to learning more about you!
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.