Posted on Oct. 18, 2016
The primary responsibility of this position will be to ensure compliance with all income tax and indirect tax filing requirements and completion of all external and internal tax accounting and reporting obligations. The VP of Tax will be specifically charged with development and execution of strategy necessary to efficiently and timely achieve the department's filing and reporting obligations. This position is responsible for overseeing and completing all financial accounting and reporting of income and indirect taxes, all other internal and external reporting of global taxes, and tax research. Additionally, this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Company's tax positions, processes, accounting policies, and internal controls framework related to accounting for taxes. Position must demonstrate knowledge of GAAP rules governing accounting for income taxes as provided for under ASC 740, and must be generally knowledgeable of GAAP accounting standards. Position must demonstrate knowledge of federal and state tax statutes and regulations. This position will be responsible for overseeing taxing authority examinations and defending the Company's tax compliance as they are scrutinized under those examinations. The VP of Tax will develop and implement the Company's global tax strategy, and oversee tax planning projects, tax projections, domestic cash tax optimization strategies, and other ad hoc projects.
I. FEDERAL TAX COMPLIANCE - Oversee the federal annual tax compliance process performed by the Director of Income Tax for all Federal obligations required by the Internal Revenue Service for both domestic and international activity. Ensure complete and accurate reporting in compliance with Federal law and that all tax positions have been researched, are supportable, and disclosed as necessary (including listed transactions, reportable transactions, UTPs). Ensure that proper, supportable, contemporaneous, and IRS audit ready files are maintained.
* Establishes a work plan and timeline for meeting Internal Revenue Service statutory deadlines for the preparation of all individual components and consolidation work papers of the Company's domestic and international federal tax compliance.
* Applies IRS consolidation statues and regulations to the Company's return, including but not limited to rules regarding intercompany eliminations, net operating losses, capital gains/losses, Schedule M-3, and relevant elections, disclosures, and statements.
* Ensures inclusion and proper treatment of Company transactions in the appropriate tax returns through research, integration, and communication with the Company's business functions (Accounting, Treasury, Legal, etc).
II. STATE TAX COMPLIANCE - Oversee the state income tax compliance process, currently performed by third party service provider. This position will ensure that the relationship with the service provider is monitored, all necessary information is timely provided to the service provider, and the service provider remains able and willing to furnish all state income tax information necessary for planning, reporting, audit defense, and other purposes. Also, this position will be responsible for quality control to ensure that the service provider is preparing state income tax returns completely and accurately, consistent with intended federal and state filing positions, and all necessary disclosures are complied with.
* Ensures that all changes to statutory filings and obligations are identified through research and daily/weekly update review, and ensure proper tax reporting occurs through communication with the service provider.
* Provides timely information to the service provider, and the service provider furnishes all state income tax information necessary for planning, reporting, audit defense, and other purposes.
III. INDIRECT TAX COMPLIANCE - Oversee the compliance process for indirect taxes, including sales tax, use tax, lodging tax, property tax, transfer taxes, and VAT.
IV. FINANCIAL REPORTING - Oversee all GAAP, SEC, Lender, and Internal Financial Reporting matters for the Company, specific to accounting for income taxes and indirect taxes. Liaise with corporate accounting to be aware of and understand the pre-tax accounting of the Company's financial transactions and to ensure that all tax impacts are properly accounted for pursuant to GAAP accounting standards. Understand all of the Company's financial reporting obligations and perform necessary functions related tax reporting.
* Manage the relationship with external auditors.
* Research new transactions, understand the Company's planned position for tax purposes, and account for and document such tax positions consistent with GAAP
* Liaise with foreign offices and foreign hotel properties to obtain information required for financial reporting purposes.
* Oversee monthly accounting reporting processes, monthly/quarterly/annual provision processes, preparation and review of financial statement tax footnotes, and preparation and review of the effective tax rate.
V. FEDERAL AND STATE TAX AUDIT SUPPORT / STRATEGY -Strategically manage the Company's IRS and State Tax audits as follows:
* Respond to Information Document Requests (IDRs) with respect to data within the compliance hardcopy and electronic workpapers.
* Develop strategies to manage the Company's ongoing IRS and state tax audits.
* Engage consultants to assist with examination responses and management as necessary
* Ensure tax reserves are complete and updated with respect to all developments arising from the examination process
VI. TAX PLANNING AND FORECASTING - Develop and implement the Company's global tax strategy, recommend planning strategies designed to minimize the company's cash tax and effective tax rate, and oversee tax planning projects, tax projections, cash tax optimization strategies, and other ad hoc projects. Additionally, oversee the tax forecasting and modeling process, including regular forecasting of the GAAP ETR and global cash tax liabilities. Further this function includes understanding contracts, transactions and other impactful data to project the numerical tax impact of contemplated tax strategies and business transactions. This function requires coordination among tax, finance, treasury, legal, FP includes ability to identify message points for presentations and ability to proactively identify appropriate opportunities to share those messages with all constituents.
* Ability to initiate and direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams throughout the organization, including internal resources, external resources, and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering Company goals.
* Set standards for leadership by example, including ability to effect change, resolve conflicts, and ensure collaboration within appropriate levels of enterprise; includes maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton Worldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes in our Team Members:
* Living the Values
* Customer Focus
WHAT BENEFITS WILL I RECEIVE?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending upon eligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly have access to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for you and your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide's Health & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwide also offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as Employee Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-team team members in the United States. All benefits listed may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plan description or official plan document.
WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE TO WORK FOR THIS HILTON WORLDWIDE BRAND?
Hilton Grand Vacations is the preeminent vacation ownership and Club Membership brand of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Ownership of a deeded real estate interest provides Members with a lifetime of unsurpassed vacation advantages via the most innovative, flexible, global Club program in the industry. Club Members choose when and where to vacation, enjoying the comfort and convenience of residential-style resort accommodations in select, renowned destinations. Each Club property provides a distinctive setting, while signature elements remain consistent, such as high-quality guest service, spacious residences and extensive on-property amenities. From exciting Orlando and dynamic Las Vegas, to the laid-back lifestyles of Hawaii and California, or the cosmopolitan glamour of New York City and South Beach, we take pride in offering our guests a superior vacation ownership program in the world's most celebrated locations. For those aspiring to the good life, Hilton Grand Vacations offers a passport to endless vacation memories.
Hilton Grand Vacations is one of Hilton Worldwide's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com.
If you understand the importance of providing others with a superior vacation experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Grand Vacations.