Posted on Apr. 6, 2018
Explore St. Louis is the sales and marketing organization responsible for selling St. Louis City and County as a convention and meeting site and as a leisure travel destination. In addition Explore St. Louis manages and operates the America’s Center Complex which includes 502,000 square feet of prime exhibit space, 80 meeting rooms, the Dome at America’s Center, the 1,411-seat Ferrara Theatre, a 28,000 square-foot ballroom and the St. Louis Executive Conference Center.
Explore St. Louis is seeking a Vice President of Operations for the America’s Center Complex. This position reports directly to the Sr. VP/General Manager of the America’s Center Complex and is responsible for the direction of all daily building operations and event-related functions necessary to operate, maintain and service the complex.
Education requirementsThis position is challenging and the successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in business/management/or engineering
Experience requirements 5-7 years related experience; experience with trades and union labor and a Certified Facility Executive (CFE) credential is a plus.
QualificationsWell developed business and financial management, team management and leadership.
Excellent presentation and communication skills, and demonstrate effective decision-making.
Responsibilities• Ensuring building licenses, life-safety codes and standard operating procedures are met.
• Interfacing with building service contractors, skilled trade personnel, public and fire safety officials.
• Over-site of facility maintenance, engineering, IT, building services and capital projects, including new construction and renovations.
• Leading the operations staff in the delivery of event-related, exhibit and building services at a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Develops and monitors three separate annual budgets for the complex.
• Negotiates agreements with in-house trade unions and administers agreements on issues regarding grievances and arbitrations.
• Travel as required.
Work hoursWorks a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Interested candidates can email their resume and cover letter with salary requirements by responding to this posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer.