Posted on Jul. 14, 2017
The Vehicle Sales Person is directly responsible for selling vehicles at the dealership, maximizing profit, volume and customer satisfaction standards.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid in-state driver’s license and driving record consistent with company policy and insurance carrier requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with customers and personnel from all dealership departments
• Strong reading and writing skills, including an ability to draft sales documentation
• Good mathematical skills, including a basic understanding of vehicle financing and principles of equity and depreciation
• Good analytical skills, including an ability to analyze the needs of
customers and how to best respond to those needs
• Good organizational skills
• Excellent marketing and selling skills
• Ability to operate vehicles (automatic and standard transmissions)
• Ability to operate computer
Essential Job Functions:
• Greet customers courteously
• Realize that business is built on customer satisfaction and devote himself/herself to guaranteeing satisfaction to customers at or above company stated-levels
• Follow steps of sale
• Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking questions and listening, and by utilizing needs analysis forms
• Qualify customers and determine appropriate vehicles to promote for sale based on customers’ needs and financial capabilities
• Demonstrate vehicles
• Initiate and complete sales documentation
• Inform the customer of all of our services and promote the sale of related products
• Ensure that an appropriate introduction to F&I is completed
• Deliver vehicles to customers to ensure that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and paperwork, and to lay the foundation for customer loyalty
• Maintain the company follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral customer business and contributes to customer satisfaction in accordance with company policy
• Maintain and utilize on a daily basis an approved prospect signature log development system
• Keep abreast of incoming inventory, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers
• Maintain familiarity with current inventory (for example, by walking the lot and reviewing reports)
• Establish personal monthly goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals
• Report to the Vehicle Sales Manager/Assistant Vehicle Sales Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews, and analyses (i.e., daily one-on-one meetings)
• Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively
• Understand the terminology of automobile product, and keep abreast of technological changes in the product
• Know and understand equity and values, and be able to explain
• Depreciation to the customer
• Know, understand and adhere to company rules and federal, state and local laws which govern retail auto sales
• Introduce customers to Service Department personnel to emphasize to customers the quality and efficiency of the dealership’s service operations
• Work with the Service Department and Make-Ready Department to ensure that vehicles are reconditioned as expected and on schedule
• Perform any other duties that may be deemed essential to fulfilling the functions of the position
Equipment and Materials Used:
• Inventory Vehicles (standard and automatic transmissions)
• Fax machine
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The Vehicle Sales Person will stand and move throughout the dealership facility (i.e., lot, showroom, service department, and offices) for most of the shift. S/he will work in various weather conditions and will spend time outdoors showing vehicles to prospective customers. S/he will drive vehicles in traffic during test drives. Evening, holiday, and weekend work hours will be required.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with high energy, a strong work ethic, great organizational skills, and the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment. If you are highly motivated, a team player, detail oriented, goal driven, and have a positive attitude, please apply! An Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
Visit us on 07/25/2017 from 10a to 2p.
Click Apply now for the location address.