Posted on Sep. 21, 2016
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is currently seeing a Universal Home Technician – In Training to play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization.
As a Universal Home Technician – In Training, you will serve as a front-line representative of the Cox brand and be a key member of a supportive, service-oriented team that:
• Installs, disconnects, reconnects, adds, changes, and troubleshoots video, telephony, and high-speed Internet services at customer locations.
• Educates customers regarding their existing and new services, promotes other Cox services, and proposes solutions to customer problems.
• Takes whatever actions are required to deliver a great customer experience.
• Lives the Cox Values, by completing work to the highest quality standard in the most productive manner.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Universal Home Technician, where you’ll be enhancing the lives of Cox customers and your career.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Drives Company vehicle between office, warehouse, and work sites.
• Works outside on a customer’s premises or within a customer’s home.
• Follows all Company standard safety practices in the course of performing work activities.
• Prepares for daily work assignment by requisitioning equipment and supplies from warehouse, and stocking vehicle as needed.
• Maintains company truck and other equipment per service requirements and safety guidelines.
• Monitors Workforce Administration System (WFA) throughout the day for information regarding changes to work schedule and for information about current installation.
• Communicates with dispatch (via WFA, radio, phone) for connection assistance, status on current install or new service requests.
• Consults with supervisor and other technicians for advice and assistance as needed.
• Interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeated customer concerns.
• Educates customers in the use of installed products.
• Promotes Cox services to generate new accounts, service upgrades or additional services by explaining the advantages of additional products and services
• Explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms.
• Ensures that customer completes invoice. Explains charges and billing procedures. May also collect money/payment from customer (local practices vary).
• Cleans work area upon completion of job.
• Participates in team meetings as scheduled.
• Attends job-related training that may include initial training, refresher training, product and service updates.
• Applies knowledge and skills acquired through follow-up training to the relevant aspects of their work activities.
• Follows procedures to deposit and close out batches (when applicable).
• Installation: Installs, upgrades, and/or disconnects Cox broadband products and services including video, telephony, and HSI following prescribed procedures. Uses small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment. Ensures that service operates within prescribed parameters.
• Troubleshooting: Attempts to identify and remedy sources of video, telephone, and HIS service or customer-perceived problems.
• Works with alarms, low voltage electricity, and color-coded wires.
• One year of work experience in a comparable field such as construction trade, mechanics, semi-skilled manufacturing, or other related hands-on trade role
• Minimum of one year of direct customer service experience
• PC and Windows software skills
• Stable work history
• Able to work required shifts and overtime (if necessary)
• Spanish proficiency desirable in some locations
• 5+ years of experience specifically in service installation and repair in multiple service provider and/or telecommunications environment.
Your Career at Cox
From the valued customers we connect through our innovative communications services, to the employees we unite through exciting career opportunities, Cox is all about bringing people together and enhancing their lives.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable, telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care, and its outstanding workplaces. We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team! Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare, pension, and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
Cox is an equal employment opportunity employer, disabled/protected/veteran and a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises.
Important Note: Applicants must proceed to the applicant tracking system via the link provided on the next page for further consideration.