Posted on Oct. 2, 2017
Full Time, Part Time
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan, Flexible schedule
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic 63-bed facility located in beautiful Lincolnton NC.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, and we specialize in post-acute care. Is it time to take your passion for helping and caring to a place where you can develop mutually beneficial and rewarding long term relationships with your team members, patients, and their families?
Lincolnton is near the city, just a short drive northwest of Charlotte. Lincolnton is also near the mountains and just 90 miles from the majestic Asheville, Biltmore and many National Forests. Folks with quieter tastes find Lincolnton to be an excellent place to stay.
*Meet our Hiring Managers in person
*Interviews Being Scheduled This Week
*Click Apply now for immediate consideration
As a Consulate Health Care Unit Manager, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors, and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Passion. The primary purpose of your position is for managing the staffing needs and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct resident care to ensure quality resident care on the assigned unit. This position assists in staff development. Such supervision is in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Clinical Services to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with a large corporation, and also have the benefits of a small company feel! You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating nationwide, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
• 24-hour skilled nursing care
• Comprehensive post-acute care
• Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
• "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
• Alzheimer's and dementia care
• Care for medically-complex patients
Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day!
Education requirements• Graduate/Completion of approved/accredited school of nursing.
Experience requirements• Must have a minimum (3) years nursing experience preferred in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility.
• Minimum one (1) year experience in nursing administration.
Qualifications• Must have a valid license as RN in the State of North Carolina
ResponsibilitiesAs Unit Manager, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for providing direct resident care in accordance with established plans. Supervises Clinical Nurses and Nurse Techs. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties.
• Act in the capacity as a Team Leader in a modified primary care setting.
• Provide regular resident status updates to appropriate personnel.
• Supervises Nurse Techs/Clinical Nurse I & II (LPN), and participate in their evaluations.
• Conduct and document a complete data collection of each resident’s medical status upon admission and throughout the resident’s course of treatment.
• Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned resident.
• Comply with evaluation, treatment, and documentation of Consulate Health Care guidelines.
• Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning resident care.
• Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
• Assist in recruiting and hiring nursing staff.
• Provide supervision/counseling as needed to unit nursing staff.
• Assist with completion of annual performance appraisals for all unit nursing personnel, including competency checklists.
• Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Monitor compliance with resident record documentation requirements, as directed.
• Coordinate staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
• Ensure compliance with resident rights policies and work with families and other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
• Must complete Preceptor Training.
• Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
• Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
• Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
Skills• Multitude of opportunities for career advancement, and personal growth including Consulate University!
• We provide Student Sponsorships, a Mentor Program and endless career development opportunities.... a career that grows with you!
Work hours1st Shift
* Meet with our Hiring Team this week
* We invite you to talk with our local recruiter today
* Complete Quick Apply to learn more and explore together if we would be a match for your current career interests and long term career growth plan... Thank you!