Posted on Aug. 21, 2016
We seek genuine individuals; people who are able to engage and delight our guests. We invest in training and development opportunities for all Team Members so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all Team Members to reach their potential as professionals. We promote social responsibility by being a good neighbor in the communities in which we reside. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
Our mission is to safeguard the integrity of the recruitment and selection process, by continually improving standards, to prompt one defining characteristic: the willingness and commitment to offer comfort, care and everything we have in us to all who come through our doors all so our guests can relax, explore and flourish.
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel is seeking an Uncle Andy's Ice Cream Server to join our team. Built in 1928 to resemble a Mediterranean-style castle, and known as Florida's "Pink Palace", the Loews Don CeSar has been revitalized and refreshed within ensuring a future as rich and storied as its history. Sugar-sand beaches, Spa Oceana, poolside and beach activities, Camp CeSar for kids and Four Diamond dining await visitors who return season after season. The Best Has Gotten Even Better!
The Loews Don CeSar Hotel features 277 accommodations including 36 suites and 2 penthouses. These light , airy rooms decorated with colors inspired by the beach that surrounds them, have remote control flat screen HD color TV's, ironing boards and irons, hair dryers, wireless internet access, Keurig coffee makers and mini bars.
Loews Don CeSar Hotel features meeting rooms that are grand while modern, offering beautiful but practical spaces for you to convene. Combine this with our superior service and spectacular views from every meeting room and you are sure to find a formula to success. For more information about the Loews Don CeSar Hotel, please visit our website at www.Loewshotels.com.
The Uncle Andy's Ice Cream Server will work closely with all hotel departments, but particularly with the Food & Beverage Department to ensure we provide a diligent yet charismatic first impression as we greet and serve all guests to ensure a quality dining experience.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
* Performs all opening and closing assignments as assigned by management
* Applies teamwork skills at all times and assists co-workers when time permits.
* Accurately and quickly take and make all ice cream, coffee, and food orders according to the prescribed procedure.
* Answer all questions about menu items, specials and prices of all items.
* Prepare and deliver ice cream, beverage and food orders.
* Check food to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct before giving to guest.
* Input guest check accurately and present it to the guest before their departure.
* Collect payment from the guest and give change accurately.
* Delivers quality products to the guest in a friendly and professional manner and in accordance with hotel standards.
* Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, work area and dining room
* Clean and restock service items.
* Monitors the flow of guests and food and beverage items.
* Utilizes suggestive selling techniques to upgrade the check average.
* Handles financial transactions accurately and in accordance with established procedures.
* Performs side work duties as assigned.
* Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
* Attends scheduled meeting and training classes.
* Answers the telephone in the absence of the Team Leader
* Notifies Team Leader promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance
* Remains current with hotel information and changes.
* Complies with hotel policies and rules and uniform and grooming procedures.
* Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treats other employees and guest with courtesy and respect.
* Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management, and fellow employees.
Recycles whenever possible.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: High school diploma preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year F&B service experience preferred.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
* Excellent communication skills - oral and written
* Excellent guest service skills
* Must be able to prioritize work.
* Must be customer service oriented
* Must be a team player
* Basic computer skills
* Excellent hospitality skills
* Must be able to lift/pull/push 50+ lbs.
* Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays