Posted on Oct. 15, 2016
Brannan Construction has an opportunity for a Tunnel and Bore Estimator/Project Manager.
This position will be accountable for reviewing bid requirements and following through with estimating a variety of heavy civil tunneling and boring construction projects which are valued greater than $200K and are up to $10M.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the position include, but not limited to:
* Review bid documents for projects that range from approximately $200K to $10M, ensuring all aspects of the project are documented and accounted for.
* Prepare takeoffs, develop pricing for work to be performed and work with Estimating department to secure vendor pricing.
* Collaborate with Engineers, Architects, Clients, Contractors, and/or Bidding Partners through direct communication, developing and sustaining working relationships with all involved.
* Properly turn over bid document information in a timely manner.
* Schedules and reviews entire estimate with the operations team and drives the “project hand off meeting” so that the operations team understands all assumptions associated with costs, schedule, and scopes before each job starts.
* Assumes the Project Management role working with lead personnel on each project.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Five years prior field and estimating experience within the heavy construction / tunnel and boring industry with track record of profitability.
* Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
* Must possess the ability to successfully understand the implications of project terms and conditions.
* Able to manage tight deadlines.
* Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with various levels of management.
* Moderate level of computer software skills required; specifically with HCSS estimating software. Knowledge and fluency with the Microsoft Office Suite, and Viewpoint accounting software are highly desirable.
* Ability to be self-motivating, dependable, a team player, and perform duties with little supervision.
* Detail oriented, deadline driven, ability to prioritize and willing to work as needed to produce quality projects.
* A thorough knowledge and understanding of plans and specifications; specifically in the scope of tunneling and boring projects.
* The ability and experience to identify advantages and well as areas of high risk with each project bid.
From your first day, you’ll feel what it means to be part of a culture, where you’re a name not a number and where hard work is seen and rewarded!
Brannan offers competitive wages/benefits and is an EEOC
Apply in person, resume via email or online!
(Quick Apply for info)