at Terumo BCT
Posted on Aug. 31, 2016
Working within established procedures and guidelines, this position is responsible for accurately identifying, controlling and moving stocks around the plant and recording those movements in the relevant computer systems. This role also performs inventory counts and assists in the root cause investigation of discrepancies.
* Accurately identify all materials within the facility and controls their physical location.
* Move materials around the plant by manual physical transport requiring lifting, pushing, and pulling.
* Performs data entry transactions within the relevant computer systems to ensure accurate record keeping.
* Assists all areas/departments with material support for ECOs, samples, projects, and/or plant tests.
* Assists in resolution of problems encountered pertaining to material handling and inventory control.
* Performs inventory counts and assists in the root cause investigation of discrepancies.
* Follows all safety guidelines and handles hazardous materials following established safety requirements.
* Follows all company policies and established operating procedures for the assigned material handing operations.
* Requires the ability to work any shift or material handing area to meet business requirements.
* Requires the ability to work overtime to meet business requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or GED.
* Previous experience working within a truck driving role operating box trucks and tractor trailer is preferred.
* Previous SAP ERP system experience is preferred.
* Previous experience working in a material handling role preferred.
* Previous experience working within a high volume repetitive manufacturing environment preferred.
* Ability to consistently demonstrate attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
* Working knowledge of the regulatory requirements and operating procedures for the material handing operation in which assigned.
* Ability to learn and operate all necessary tools and equipment for the material handling operation in which assigned.
* Ability to gain a clear understanding of traceability of materials, the FIFO (First In First Out) process, and how this process relates to production.
* Skilled to make decisions when working with supervisors, leads, engineers and all others pertaining to parts exchange and how it affects material movement and inventory accuracy.
* Ability to read, interpret, and understand the production schedules and how they affect Material Handling.
* Ability to learn and become proficient with the ERP system and all other software applications relevant to the area.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Requires Terumo BCT licensing to operate PITs (Powered Industrial Trucks).
* Requires a valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver's License), subject to all Department of Transportation required random drug/alcohol screening, as well as a DOT physical.
General Labor Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, hand/finger dexterity.
* Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowningof clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds and transport up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
* Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
* Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions.
* Must be able to work under florescent lighting.
* Must be able to maintain pace with the material demands of the production facility.
* Requires the ability to sit or stand through the duration of a shift.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Must be able to work in an environment where exposure to moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and/or radiation, and vibration may exist.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace.