Posted on Sep. 14, 2016
Goodwill is looking for a Truck/Tractor Driver.
$13.50/hr and will increase to $14.50/hr after a 3 month probationary period. Must pass a drug screen, have a clean MVR and 2 years driving record and be current on DOT safety and health certifications. This position is a local driving position so the driver will be at home at night. NO OVERNIGHT LOADS. Must be able to work some weekends as needed.
Drives a variety of vehicles including trucks, vans and tractor/trailers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs daily truck check each morning before leaving dock and submits report
daily to Transportation Coordinator.
• Drives tractor and delivers equipped trailer to Attended Donation Center,
exchanges it for a full trailer, secures replacement trailer on site and returns full
trailer to Plant. Continues additional rotations according to schedule.
• Services propane in ADC’s according to procedure.
• Drives service truck to ADC’s to deliver supplies and pick up large items and
trash left after hours.
• Makes special pickups at residential or commercial sites as routed by the
• Makes store deliveries, insuring all documents and items listed to be shipped are
in order and securely packed and tied for transport
• Unloads trucks at stores and places merchandise on floor in location designated
by the store manager. Heavy items will be taken to the sales floor and heavy
items to be returned will be taken from the sales floor and loaded for return to the
• Aids in unloading, loading or reequipping trailers at dock as necessary.
• Furnishes Donations Coordinator, Transportation Coordinator and/or Operations
Director with information concerning condition of ADC and sales trailers,
personnel problems, safety hazards and supply needs.
• Reports any mechanical problems relating to the tractor, trailers and trucks to the
Transportation Coordinator as soon as possible.
• Acts as driver on call on some weekends and holidays, as assigned, taking calls
from ADC attendants for service or supplies. Performs rotations and service runs
• Provides oversight and direction to material handlers assigned to duty as truck
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures.
Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety
training sessions and safety meetings.
• Other duties as required.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must be eligible for positive outcome on required State of Oklahoma criminal
conviction background check.
• Current Oklahoma Class A CDL and clear driving record with a minimum of two
year’s experience operating tractor/trailer.
• D.O.T. written safety test card
• Current physical card and road test card. Must be able to cross state lines per
DOT physical card.
• Successfully passing preemployment drug test.
• Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation including
current automobile insurance, inspection and license plates.
On-the-job training (serving as learner or trainee on the job under the instruction of a
qualified worker). Over 2 years up to and including 4 years.
Climbing, balancing, talking, hearing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling,
feeling, acuity-near, acuity-far, depth perception, field of vision and color vision.
Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: Very Heavy Work: Lifting objects in excess
of 100 lbs. with a two-man lift with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50
lbs or more.
Interested candidates can apply in person, online or for immediate attention you can send your resume via email.