Posted on Mar. 17, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
FreshPoint the Largest Produce Distributor in North America is now hiring:
FreshPoint offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), Disability, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Direct Deposit and More!!
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with Delivery. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, management, direction and training of delivery staff, compliance with government regulations and safety and security of the delivery department.
• Ensures Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
• Supervises labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
• Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
• Supervises the proper selection utilization of Company assets in support of the Delivery department.
• Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
• Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting.
• Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assist with implementation of delivery changes.
• Interprets trains and consistently enforces company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, etc.
• Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues.
• Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
• Maintains associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings; maintains on-going interaction; keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures; monitors associate morale; and submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
• Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
• Coordinates efforts with Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections.
• Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
• Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
• Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed (and as qualified).
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver License must be obtained within six months of hire.
We offer you a safe and enjoyable work environment in which you can grow and advance.
FreshPoint is an equal opportunity employer
Apply online today!