Posted on Dec. 1, 2017
Health Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
SYGMA Network, Advance Your Career – Make an Impact – Have Fun at the Same Time!
SYGMA isn't your average workplace - it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. Advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, Apply TODAY!
We are hiring: Transportation Supervisor
We offer the following:
• Great Pay!
• Great benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401K, and stock options
• We have an employee discount program that includes discounts on purchases for home computers, cars, cell phones and accessories, entertainment, and travel.
Provides support to the Transportation Manager in the day-to-day operations of the transportation department.
* Direct and coordinate all maintenance of equipment.
* Monitor and control all Xata/On Board Computer and log reports.
* Monitor and control attendance policy and scheduling.
* Maintain positive employee relations.
* Communicate and cooperate with all supervisors and department heads. Keep manager apprised of any problems or potential problems.
* Work with manager on routing to reduce miles.
* Work with manager in securing all potential backhauls..
* Other duties as assigned by Management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
* Train and supervise drivers
* Conduct accident and injury investigations, complete timely, detailed reports and give to the Safety Manager. Help to prevent accidents and injury’s through the SYGMA Safe processes.
Insure DOT compliance including driver logs, route weights and trip reporting.
* Provide back up support to driver position; safely and efficiently transport product from warehouse to various customers and properly unloads the product according to customer invoices.
* Maintain accident file and records.
* Monitor and coach driver performance.
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
SYGMA is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability