Posted on Mar. 9, 2018
Health Insurance, 401K
SYGMA Network, Advance Your Career – Make an Impact – Have Fun at the Same Time!
SYGMA isn't your average workplace - it's a fast-paced, high-energy, think-on-your-feet environment. Advance your career, make an impact, and have fun at the same time. If this sounds like the kind of company you'd like to join, Apply TODAY!
We are hiring: Transportation Manager
Responsible for the safe, efficient, and timely delivery of product to our customers, accomplished through thorough planning and an on-going process of monitoring driver performance, equipment condition and performance, and business volume, while effectively managing expenses in an ever-changing environment.
We offer the following:
• Great Pay!
• Great benefits including healthcare, vacation, 401K, and stock options
• We have an employee discount program that includes discounts on purchases for home computers, cars, cell phones and accessories, entertainment, and travel.
* Closely monitor driver performance via use of Telogis, Drive Cam and other control features.
* Maintain detailed records of driver pay, equipment maintenance and equipment performance.
* Review driver logs and paperwork to ensure accuracy and adherence to policy and DOT regulations.
* Closely monitor equipment to ensure safe operation and minimize breakdown. Order necessary parts and equipment used in driver performance of responsibilities.
* Review routing and make the necessary adjustments to ensure optimal efficiency.
* Hire, train, direct and discipline transportation personnel to achieve the most effective use of human and physical assets. Plan and schedule assignment of work for transportation personnel. * * * * Process weekly payroll.
* Verify vendor invoices and complete A/P vouchers.
* Monitor trip records and fuel reports for mileage, fuel costs, and fuel economy.
* Monitor monthly expenses in relation to plan and make the necessary changes.
* Perform the necessary requirements of the Department of Transportation.
* Other duties as assigned by Management.
* A high school diploma/GED plus 4 - 8 years of transportation experience. A 4 year degree plus 4 years transportation supervisory experience and a broad understanding of computer systems, routing and DOT regulations is preferred. Good employee relations is a must.
* Must be able to communicate clearly with employees, customers and other business contacts and operate office equipment including computers, telephones and cell phones.
* CDL drivers license and certificate of DOT regulations training is preferred.
SYGMA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sysco Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, and one of the largest foodservice distributors in the United States. As a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Sysco, and one of the largest chain distributors in the country, SYGMA is looking for talented people to join our team!
SYGMA is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability