Posted on Oct. 18, 2016
FULL TIME TROLLEY DRIVER/TOUR GUIDE POSITION
Do you love Nashville history? Do you love to entertain? Would you value making a significant impact to Nashville's visiting public? If so, we'd love to have you as a CAST member of Old Town Trolley Tours, Nashville!
Don't have a CDL? That's OK, we have over 35 years of
experience training the right people to safely navigate our trolleys while giving the best historic tour possible. It's rewarding, challenging - and fun!
The Tour Conductor's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive in a safe, competent manner a non-air—conditioned trolley that is 27 feet to 42 feet in
length on busy public streets. Entertain guests by narrating a 90 minute scripted sightseeing tour up to 4 times daily.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned.
- Must be able to board and exit the trolley and assist patrons boarding and exiting the trolley.
- Shall be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow
Cast members, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, climb stairs multiple times each day, lift 50 pounds to a height of 45 inches and carry it 10 yards, tolerate wide range of temperatures and weather.
$14.00 per hour + Tips to start, (5-6 Weeks Training is provided at $ 12.00 per hour)
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record for the past three years,
- Will provide training to acquire a Class B or higher CDL with air-brake endorsement.
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
CAST member Benefits
- Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and more.
- Two weeks paid vacation the first year.
- Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions.
Successful candidate must pass a drug test and a background search