Posted on Mar. 13, 2018
Performs complex and specialized tasks relating to machining and die repair. May work from drawings using considerable ingenuity in building or repairing specialized tools. Operates various machines such as lathes, mills, drills, grinders, shears, and presses. May design temporary fixtures needed to produce experimental parts and give advice or assistance to tool design. Under limited supervision, performs general maintenance on production machines and maintains dies and molds to produce quality parts.
Other duties as required by Management.
Pay starts at: $24.05/hr
Education requirementsTwo years college certification or equivalent as a machinist or die maker with three to five years experience.
Experience requirementsBlueprint reading, mill, lathe, grinder skills necessary.
Welding experience with Mig, Tig and Stick.
Experience with CNC, die making, mold making and maintenance. Experience in a factory setting preferred.
QualificationsDetail oriented, self-starter, following directions, adaptability, team – oriented, able to accept change and require little or no supervision. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specification tolerances to +/- .02
Responsibilities• Maintain dies and molds
• Maintain production lines
• Reface resistance tips on welders
• Build and repair specialized tools from drawings and blueprints
• Operate machinist power tools and equipment
• Fabricate and design fixture and assist in tool design for experimental parts
• Perform necessary preventative maintenance
• Stock tool crib
• Keep accurate products data and records as required.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Assist in other duties as directed by Supervisor.
• Assist in operating progressive stamping press machine and all auxiliary equipment with minimum supervision.
• Assist in operating mold machines
• Operating overhead crane
• Unloading steel from trucks when needed
• Participate in LEAN manufacturing
• Participate in Kaizen activities
• Conduct inventory
• Assist engineers with manufacturing issues
• Assist with design change
• Assist in set up of new equipment
Skills• CNC programmer
• Auto Cad
• Mill, lathe, grinder
• Mathematical competency – for machinist.
• Progressive feed stamping press machine
• Molding machines
• Overhead crane
• Die changer
• Fork truck
Work hours1st shift, hours 7:30 am – 3:40 pm
APPLY TODAY - Email your resume or apply in person!
1. EMAIL: Fill out the quick apply form, attach resume, and click the "apply now".
3. APPLY IN PERSON: Fill out the quick apply form and select "apply now". On the next page, select employer address to access.