Posted on Mar. 20, 2018
401K, Health Insurance, Life Insurance
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting the needs for allograft tissue by patients. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries.
We are looking for a Part-Time Tissue Recovery Specialist to participate in the aseptic recovery of human tissue for transplantation. This position will adhere to all FDA and AATB standards and guidelines, as well as company policies.
**Pre-Med College Graduates encouraged to apply**
Additional responsibilities include:
• Completing recovery documentation
• Handling sterile surgical supplies and equipment
• Cleaning and caring for instrumentation
• Aseptic packaging and labeling tissue products
• Performing donor reconstruction after tissue recovery
• HS diploma or equivalent is required. Surgical Technician certificate (CST), or two years of experience in a surgical/critical care environment, or previous Tissue Banking experience is preferred.
• Two years of college education in a related health care or science field may substitute for certificate and experience.
• Premed, Biology majors preferred. College grads and students welcome to apply.
• Must be able to work a 48 hour, on-call shift: Either (Wed, 7 am - to Friday, 7 am) or (Sunday, 7 am - to Tuesday, 7 am).
• Must be able to work with a cadaver and have a good understanding of human anatomy.
• Must be able to lift 250 lbs. with assistance and 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Prefer applicant be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our list of other employment opportunities at www.unitedtissueresources.org to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled