Posted on May. 12, 2017
Territory Sales Executive
Sells Gourmet Food Products for distributor to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail, establishments or individuals at place of business within assigned territory.
• Competitive salary plus bonuses
• College Degree preferred
• One to two years of related experience in restaurant or food sales, or professional catering required
• Past experience working as a Chef strongly preferred.
• Previous experience/knowledge of Specialty Food Products
• Must live in the Lexington, KY area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
(Other duties may be assigned)
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or by phone.
• Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
• Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
• Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
• Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
• Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
• Tracks stock levels.
• Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
• Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
• Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
• Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge concerning products, processes and systems.
To apply please fill out the “Quick Apply” section with your name, email address and phone number. Attach, paste or type your resume the space provided. Click Apply Now to submit your resume. Qualified candidates will be contacted.