Posted on Jul. 17, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Goodwill Industries has exciting new career opportunities this summer! Most people think of Goodwill as just a thrift store, but our business is really about changing lives. Our employees make our community a better place and everyone, regardless of position, plays a role in the success of our mission. We hire individuals committed to excellence and to providing much needed services in our community. We focus on abilities, not disabilities to generate revenue and support this mission and help people identify and gain meaningful work. Take the first step to join our team.
An application MUST be completed and submitted in order to be considered for employment.
Now seeking a Textile Sorter in Tulsa, OK.
SALARY: $9.00 an hour
• Company paid basic term life
• Paid time off
• Voluntary medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401k
Manually sorts textile merchandise by identifying fabric type, size, condition and/or category (i.e., men’s, ladies, children's) by visual inspection.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manually sorts textile merchandise by identifying fabric type, size, condition and/or category (i.e., men’s, ladies, children's) by visual inspection.
• Visually examines items for flaws, irregularities and determines suitability for resale according to quality standards.
• Transfers salvage material to conveyor belt and resale material to carts by determining whether it is ladies, children, men’s bin or out of season.
• Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assists in pullover by pushing filled carts from work area to appropriate holding area.
• Keeps tally sheet using paper and pencil, recording number of carts per category sorted from pullover to pullover.
• Assists in sorting textiles by classification as needed.
• Assists in quality assurance as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
On-the-job training (serving as learner or trainee on the job under the instruction of a qualified worker). Training is more than short demonstration up to and including three (3) months.
• Reaching, stooping, bending, handling, fingering, feeling, seeing, near-sighted acuity
• Lifting/carrying: Light Work—lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10 lbs.
• Pushing/Pulling: Medium Work—Pushing 50 lbs maximum with frequent pushing and/or pulling objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
INTERESTED? Take these steps in order to join our team:
• Click “Quick Apply” to submit your contact information.
• Acquire an application via our website, at any Goodwill store, donation center or at our Headquarters. You MUST fill out a Goodwill provided application in order to be considered for employment.
• Expect an email or phone call from a Recruiter. If being considered, you will be provided with next steps. Make sure you check your spam folder.
If you do not have access to a computer, we provide free access to computers and Internet at any of our Job Connection Centers.