Posted on Aug. 23, 2017
$9.50– $11.00 Hourly
FIRST MISSOURI CREDIT UNION
REPORTS TO: Teller Supervisor
The primary function is to serve the Credit Union membership in person and via telephone efficiently, effectively and accurately. Educate the membership on the Credit Union’s various products and services.
This position may require the following physical abilities:
• Lift, push, pull or carry up to 55 pounds
• Reaching at or above shoulder level
• Sound perception
• Verbal speech ability
• Vision up to 20 ft.
• Ability to work within a face paced environment
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
First Missouri Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Credit Union will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Education requirementsHigh School or GED
Experience requirements1 year experienced preferred
QualificationsEssential Functions & Responsibilities
1. Receive and process members’ financial transactions including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, cash advances, check cashing, money orders and cashier’s checks.
2. Examine checks and requests for withdrawal for endorsements and negotiability.
3. Balances cash drawer and makes settlement of day’s activities.
4. Balances ATM machine, cash, deposits and general ledger accounts associated with the ATM.
5. Daily balancing of money orders and general ledger account associated with money order sales.
6. Suggest credit union services that meet member needs by continually demonstrating a strong desire to inform and educate the membership.
7. Provide members with solutions to financial needs using credit union products and services and/or refer members to appropriate representative for
8. Welcome members to the credit union and provide routine information concerning services in accordance with credit union policies.
9. Keep all member and credit union business strictly confidential.
1. Provide clerical support to other departments as needed.
2. Additional tasks as assigned by management.
3. Provide back-up/coverage to other departments when necessary.
4. Complete necessary ongoing training to remain up-to-date on current credit union processes, procedures and programs as necessary.
5. Attend/participate in FMCU Annual Meeting and other CU community events.
6. Additional tasks as assigned by the teller supervisor or other members of managements.
7. Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines; ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction.
8. Able to operate with minimal supervision.
SkillsSkills, Knowledge & Experience
High school graduate or equivalent. Ability to make sound business decisions in accordance with CU policies and philosophy and federal/state regulations and standards required.
A high comfort level with being empowered to make decisions to deliver member satisfaction
Work hoursMonday through Thursday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Saturday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm (You will be required to work 3 out of 4 Saturdays per month)