Posted on Feb. 8, 2018
The Nurse Clinician – RN provides telephonic professional nursing services in support of client funded contracts. This includes: telephonic patient support and resource, referral source, data collector and nurse educator to patients, consumers and healthcare professionals.
United BioSource Corporation (UBC) is a leading provider of pharmaceutical support services, partnering with life science companies to make medicine and medical products safer and more accessible. Our services support the full lifecycle of medicine and medical products, including development, commercialization, and long-term value and safety.
Education requirementso Associate’s Degree and professional nursing license (current and valid) in the state of practice.
Experience requirementso 2-5 years of experience in a clinical setting.
Qualificationso Nursing License
o General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet and email.
o Ability to maintain a high level of customer interaction/service skills while talking with patients via phone. Ability to multitask on both pc and phone related tasks and maintain adherence to approved scripted materials. Ability to interpret information shared by the patient to determine next steps as the individual case may warrant.
ResponsibilitiesAdheres to principles as stipulated by program specific contractual agreements and company practices which may include:
• Patient Support: Make outbound phone calls to patients who have opted into a patient compliance program, make additional calls as directed and be available to support these patients by phone at all other times. Receive inbound phone calls from patients, healthcare professionals and consumers and provide a professional resource for inquiries.
• Resource: Answer patient, consumer and healthcare professional questions and suggest appropriate resources to patients.
• Referral Source: Make appropriate referrals for additional training, support groups, program materials, or literature, and to recommend that the patients contact personal physicians for additional information, directions and care.
• Collect Data: Assemble accurate, timely, clear data and complete summary of follow-up phone calls, patient inquiries, and outcomes.
• Educator: Complete patient teaching in relation to the use of products