Posted on Sep. 22, 2017
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect you to a career opportunity you’ll love. Cox Communications call center is looking for customer focused individuals to join our team and be the voice of our brand to Serve, Solve and Sell.
• Competitive wages with potential for additional financial incentives for motivated team members!
• FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day!
• Casual, yet energetic and engaging work environment
• Retirement Benefits including 401(K) matching
• Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 Paid Holidays
• Tuition Assistance provided
• High degree of commitment to our communities including volunteer opportunities
• Career Advancement Opportunities across the Cox family of companies
A Technical Support Representative is part of a supportive, service-oriented team that:
• Exceeds our customer’s expectations by providing top notch customer service.
• Engages in real-time troubleshooting with customers to resolve technical issues.
• Educates residential Cox customers about the use of products and additional service opportunities.
• Maximize opportunities to sell additional or upgraded services to customers as available, while providing a quality customer experience.
Lives the Cox Values, by demonstrating an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company:
• Integrity - We do business with honesty and integrity. We meet or exceed the highest ethical standards in all of our business activities. We can be trusted to do what we say we will do. We Live Cox Values.
• People - Our employees are our most important asset. They set us apart. We invest in their continuous development and recognize their contributions to our success.
• Diversity - Diversity of cultures and ideas makes us stronger; it is a core Value at Cox. We value different approaches, thinking perspectives and people.
• Customers - Our customers are our lifeblood. They depend on us to provide reliable, quality products and outstanding service at every opportunity. We count on employees to do the right thing for our customers.
• Community - Communities connect us to the people we serve. We are leaders and responsible citizens in the communities where we live and work. At the heart of our Values we support youth, education and environmental sustainability.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Technical Support Representative, where you will be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career.
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents and grow your career. Our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We embrace and foster an environment that builds on the unique talents that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
Cox Communications Ranks 17 on the 2015 DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Cox Ranked in Top 10 for Diversity Councils.
Keep reading to learn more about the role and to apply to join the Cox Communications team NOW!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Work in an energetic call center environment answering inbound customer calls concerning inquiries about one or more Cox products.
• Trouble shoot the root cause of customer problems and identify the action required (using company databases, customer information, and collaboration with other departments) to resolve issue and schedule service appointments when necessary.
• Provide total customer service by asking questions and listening to customers in order to understand their needs, requests, or problems while identifying sales and up-selling opportunities that will drive additional revenue for the company.
• Build customer loyalty by placing follow-up calls to customers after receiving acknowledgment of action taken by other Cox departments.
• Keep customer informed about progress by checking the status of work orders in customer record system.
• Provide seamless customer experience through documenting call details and new account information into the computer system and completing any forms required to request action by other departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or GED or equivalent work experience.
• 6 months work experience providing service directly to customers.
• 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting.
• Eligibility to work in the United States.
• 6 or more months experience troubleshooting basic hardware, software, and/or connectivity issues.
• 6 or more months experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals.
• Keen aptitude for helping customers and a customer experience focus.
• 1 to 2 years of work experience in a customer service role, not specific to just Call Center.
• Enthusiastic and personable, with the ability to adapt and thrive in constant change.
• Previous telecommunications experience.
• Strong computer skills and be able to navigate through multiple screens.