Posted on Sep. 23, 2016
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401K
The Blood Center of Central Texas is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. Founded in 1951, our mission is to safeguard the community’s gifts of blood and tissue with uncompromising quality and excellence in customer service.
We are hiring motivated leaders on our Mobile Teams to help us deliver a great experience to every donor we meet during blood drives. Energy, passion, and ambition are required for this fast-paced, hands-on position where you will be trained to work as a phlebotomist alongside the team you guide. Candidates with a background in supervising, managing, or leading teams and an eagerness to learn are highly desired.
• Leading and motivating mobile staff by maintaining open lines of communication and cultivating an environment of teamwork.
• Demonstrating actions consistent with role model behavior.
• Supervising and participating in the blood donation process by: determining donor suitability, processing and documenting allogeneic whole blood donations; responding to donor reactions; recording donor phlebotomy results.
• Providing outstanding customer service to donors, coworkers, guests and contracted partners to ensure the best possible donation experience and working environment.
• Serving as a subject matter expert who is familiar with all departmental SOPs, policies, and regulations.
• Executing on-the-spot corrections as needed and providing timely and progressive counseling aimed at correcting staff performance problems.
• Maintaining all equipment and the donation site by performing daily quality control processes, routine/preventive maintenance, and housekeeping procedures.
• Loading/unloading equipment and supplies from the mobile vehicle.
• Assembling/disassembling the donation site at blood drives.
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Supervisory experience and/or a college education can be substituted in lieu of required blood center experience.
• Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Texas driver’s license, able to provide a copy of an acceptable driving record, and proof of liability insurance.
• Possess excellent leadership, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to communicate effectively with team members and blood donors.
• Intermediate computer skills needed.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
• Must have open availability to work flexible hours that will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Interested in The Blood Center, but not this job? Check us out at www.inyourhands.org to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled