Posted on Mar. 11, 2017
Hours will vary
The Eligibility Team Lead l is responsible to assist the Department Manager or Supervisor. He or She will assist with employee training, answering questions, and tracking time/attendance, while maintaining their own assigned work load.
FOUNDATION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES REQUIRED: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee and direct the daily activities of the Eligibility staff in office or onsite at a client location.
* Provide daily/weekly account reports to the Department Manager.
* Prepare and conduct staff training.
* Maintain time and attendance records for staff.
* Delegation and inspection of workflows.
* Coordinate and/or assume responsibilities for employees during absenteeism, heavy workloads, etc.
* Meet goals and objectives as assigned by management
* Report and document employee disciplinary problems to the department manager.
* Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agencies
* Assist other patient representatives in the unit with questions they have regarding how to work accounts
* Direct the workflow for the unit.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Screen patients for eligibility programs on the state and Federal levels.
* Identify all areas of patients' needs and direct them to the appropriate agency for assistance.
* Start the application process when possible.
* Advise patients regarding assistance programs.
* Record thorough and accurate documentation on patient accounts in the CUBS system.
* Assess the status and progress of applications.
* Process escalated calls.
* Adhere to prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
* Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
* Oversee the client inventories for the hospitals assigned to the unit and be proactive in