Posted on Jul. 14, 2017
Hours: M-F 8am - 4:30pm
The Eligibility Team Lead ll is responsible to assist the Department Manager or Supervisor. He or She will assist with employee training, answering questions, and tracking time/attendance, while maintaining their own assigned work load.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and direct the daily activities of the Eligibility staff in office or onsite at a client location.
- Provide daily/weekly account reports to the Department Manager.
- Prepare and conduct staff training.
- Maintain time and attendance records for staff.
- Delegation and inspection of workflows.
- Coordinate and/or assume responsibilities for employees during absenteeism, heavy workloads, etc.
- Meet goals and objectives as assigned by management
- Report and document employee disciplinary problems to the department manager.
- Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agencies
- Assist other patient representatives in the unit with questions they have regarding how to work accounts
- Direct the workflow for the unit.
- Screen patients for eligibility programs on the state and Federal levels.
- Identify all areas of patients' needs and direct them to the appropriate agency for assistance.
- Start the application process when possible.
- Advise patients regarding assistance programs.
- Record thorough and accurate documentation on patient accounts in the CUBS system.
- Assess the status and progress of applications.
- Process escalated calls.
- Adhere to prescribed policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Employee Code of Conduct.
- Maintain awareness of and actively participate in the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Oversee the client inventories for the hospitals assigned to the unit and be proactive in resolving issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a leadership role is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience in a healthcare eligibility role (government or hospital) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to present oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Ability to stay on task with little or no management supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in fulfilling job responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a busy work environment.
- Strong working knowledge of personal computers including Microsoft Office.