Posted on Mar. 1, 2018
Tax Preparer needed for small, informal CPA firm in North Central Austin due to staffing changes. Seasonal Full-Time, Part-Time or Permanent available.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Seasonal Tax Preparer might include the following:
• Prepare tax returns through a paperless office environment.
• Work with the office team to ensure the various components of the tax preparation process are performed.
• Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
• Periodically attend internal professional development and training seminars to stay up to date on the ever-changing tax rules.
Who You Are
• You have the ability to work in a seasonal capacity—typically from mid-January to mid-April and perhaps again mid-August to mid-October
• The word "tax" is not foreign to you, and you can easily explain details of your tax experience and/or can explain the difference between a 1040, 1065 and an 1120S.
• Quickbooks is also not foreign to you.
• You enjoy working as part of a team, learning new things and are detail-oriented.
• You have a knack for solving problems and easily notice issues while bringing solutions to the table.
• If you have experience working with Ultra Tax Software from Creative Solutions that's a plus, but not required!
• In addition to all of this, you have at least two years of experience in preparation of individual and small business tax returns.
Obviously, given the lateness of the season, we need someone with experience who can get up to speed very quickly. For the right person, this could turn into more than just a part-time, seasonal, opportunity. If you believe this position is the right fit for you, please select “Apply Now” on this page and forward us your resume and desired salary today.