Posted on Jul. 7, 2017
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K
Now Hiring Tanker Truck Driver
Founded in 1993, Austin Materials takes great pride in offering our clients and team members the service and dedication of a family-owned business with the resources and reach of an industrial-scale service provider. We have repaved interstate highways & improved the Austin and San Antonio residential areas. We believe in a team effort whereby Together Everyone Achieves More.
If you live by the Texas Way (Pride, Honesty, Integrity, Teamwork) and are up for a challenging and rewarding career, keep reading.
Austin Materials is always open for talented individuals, who are interested in working for us.
Rotating Shifts (Night Work)
Must be able to work nights and weekends
• Medical and Pharmacy
• Basic Life Insurance Available
• Short and Long Term Disability
• Wellness Program
• 401K - 4% Match
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off
• Gym Membership Discount
The Tanker Truck Driver is responsible for operating a truck & trailer for transportation of asphalt mix to and from our terminals and Asphalt Plants.
In this position, the Driver will load and unload all products.
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks.
This position reports directly to the Dispatch Manager.
• MUST HAVE A VALID CLASS A CDL WITH HAZMAT AND TANKER ENDORSEMENT, TWICK card is a plus; or Class B CDL drivers, to drive our Company Belly Dumps (18 Wheeler), Super Dump Trucks and Dump Trucks.
• Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment;
• Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies;
• Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions
• Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs
• Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle
• Load and unload materials
• Thorough operational knowledge and skills of trucks and related equipment to be operated
• Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
• Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman
• Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition
• Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers
• When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements
• Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
• Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite
• Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities
• Able to work in all weather conditions
• Perform general labor duties when necessary
Perform other duties as assigned
Interested applicants click on Apply Now!