at ADB Safegate
Posted on Nov. 10, 2017
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
At ADB SAFEGATE, our company culture is defined by the values that guide our actions and behaviors and how we interact with our colleagues, partners, customers, investors and society. Our culture and values (Care, Passion, Leadership and Quality) set us apart from our competitors and are integral to our success. We are currently recruiting for the position of System Engineer to join our team.
Education requirements• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Engineering Technology (EET) or Computer Science (CS) or Computer Engineering Technology (CET) or equivalent degree.
Experience requirements• Five (5) years related controls experience or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
• International travel experience a plus
Qualifications• Possession of a valid driver’s license.
• Must maintain an insurable driving record.
• Must pass any required BCI and FBI Background Check.
• Required travel up to 15%.
• Fluent English (oral and written communication skills).
• Fluent Spanish (oral and written communication skills) a plus.
ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
• Create custom control system designs in accordance with FAA, ICAO, and Customer specifications and requirements.
• Create PLC Ladder logic diagrams and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Programming of HMI’s utilizing industry standard HMI packages (Factory Talk View, Wonderware, Win CC) and other proprietary HMI’s.
• Setup and installation of PC’s and PLC’s that are being utilized in the control systems.
• Perform system level testing of control system in the factory and on customer sites.
• Assist Project Managers in developing bills of material for custom control system quotes after analyzing customer requirements.
• Perform Level 2 troubleshooting for software and hardware.
• Maintains familiarity with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) airport policies, procedures and products.
• Prepare the control system for a Factory Acceptance test in accordance with the ISO procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job will generally be performed in a manufacturing environment but may require travel to visit a customer's location or construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location. While on a job site the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions that include wet and/or humid, cold and heat conditions, working near moving mechanical parts. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, high voltage and high currents. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ADB Safegate is a drug-free workplace and as such participates in random drug screenings as state or local law permits.
ADB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer