Posted on Sep. 26, 2016
Full Time, Part Time
Thank you for your interest in applying Sushi Chef /Helper position at Encore Teppan.
We currently have full time and part time openings at the Palomino Dr. location. Encore Teppan is a company who cares about our people and their career development. We offer flexible schedule and competitive wages.
Encore Teppan a fun, cozy, and upbeat casual Japanese teppanyaki restaurant where exciting theatrical spatula shows are performed and delicious creative dishes are prepared in front of the diners on our special teppan (flat iron) grill by chefs who are passionate about food and hospitality.
We have customized the largest integrated teppan grill table in the United States today, offering a brand-new, one-and-only model that sets us apart from any other teppanyaki restaurants in the country.
This is an exciting time to join our team. If you are looking for a positive work environment and a career with unlimited growth potential, Encore Teppan is the right place for you. We are planning to open many more locations across the nation with an aim to bring our passion in the artistry of food and hospitality to more people, neighborhoods and communities.
Summary of Position:
Sushi chef/helper should take full responsibility of their respective sushi station with regards to the planning, preparation, set up, and execution of food items. Maintains standards of quality, service and facilities in all areas over which he/she has responsibility and authority. Functions as a key member of the restaurant staff and is responsible for mentoring, training and continuously developing sushi and kitchen personnel as applicable.
• Responsible for the production and have knowledge and competency of making sushi, Nigiri sushi and sashimi.
• We expect that every guest in the restaurant receives a good quality product and that the sushi station is kept clean at all times.
• That, with his/her friendly and courteous attitude, he/she supports and maintains the good reputation of the restaurant.
• Advises management on a variety of issues including but not limited to food quality, inventory levels, equipment operations, sanitary conditions, employee performance and development.
• To be familiar with local food hygiene and HACCP guidelines as per the state of California.
• Inspects all food deliveries and periodically inspects the condition of food on hand. Ensures food is handled, prepared and stored in accordance to company standards.
• Presents a clean and neat appearance and uses a courteous manner with all guests.
• Participates in restaurant audits conducted by regional managers, health department or other.
• Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
• Successful completion of sushi chef performance requirements.
• 2 – 3 years’ experience as sushi chef
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability to entertain and perform in front of guests to ensure a enjoyable dining experience is strongly desired.
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate and understand guests’ and colleagues’ instructions. Must be able to speak clearly in English.
Displays emotional maturity and sensitivity in dealing with others. Operates with integrity and objectivity at all times. Organized and demonstrates good planning skills. Proactive to address and resolve issues. Ability to work in a fast paced work environment. A team player, should have first class people skills and the ability to communicate effectively across a multi-national, multi-cultural environment. The ability to deliver results within a pressurized deadline driven environment.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 55 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc.) containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Working during weekends and holidays as business required.
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Ability to prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper techniques and equipment to be used. Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is highly desirable. Where applicable, holds a state and/or local food handlers card.
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
Please submit your information and credential through this post, it will send an email directly to the manager.