Posted on Sep. 20, 2017
401K, Health Insurance, Life Insurance
United Tissue Resources is dedicated to meeting the needs for allograft tissue by patients. It is through this dedication that approximately 4,000 tissue grafts are distributed to area hospitals annually for life-saving surgeries.
We are looking for a Part-Time, Surgical Recovery Technician I to participate in the aseptic recovery of human tissue for transplantation. This position will adhere to all FDA and AATB standards and guidelines, as well as company policies.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Completing recovery documentation
• Handling sterile surgical supplies and equipment
• Cleaning and caring for instrumentation
• Aseptic packaging and labeling tissue products
• Performing donor reconstruction after tissue recovery
• HS diploma or equivalent is required.
• Surgical Technician certificate (CST), or two years of experience in a surgical/critical care environment, or previous Tissue Banking experience is preferred. Two years of college education in a related health care or science field may substitute for certificate and experience.
• Must be able to work with a cadaver and have a good understanding of human anatomy.
• Must be able to lift 250 lbs. with assistance and 50 lbs. without assistance.
• Prefer applicant be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas driver’s license, proof of insurance, and an acceptable driving record.
• Must be able to work a 72 hour, on-call shift (Sunday - Tuesday), beginning Saturday at 7pm until Tuesday at 7pm.
Interested in United Tissue Resources, but not this job? Check out our list of other employment opportunities at www.unitedtissueresources.org to see how you else you can be a part of our organization.
EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled