at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jun. 2, 2017
Under very general supervision, supports manufacturing by functioning as a resource for integration, planning and maintenance management of manufacturing, finished goods inventories and service support.
* Sets priorities independently and accomplishes objectives in the support of manufacturing operations through activities such as integration and maintenance of raw material, planning spares and equipment builds to maintain adequate inventories, monitoring of work in progress, management of finished goods inventories, and provision of ongoing and varied assistance to manufacturing and field service.
* Completes work involving the application of intermediate to advanced technical skills in one or more of the above areas of specialization and requires an ability to coordinate activities across functional lines to ensure maintenance of optimal manufacturing flow.
* Develops solutions to non-routine problems of moderate to intermediate complexity within functional area of expertise, but having impact across functional lines.
* Represents functional area in interactions with other internal and external customers to coordinate activities, develop key measures, modify systems, monitor processes, and resolve problems.
* Compiles detailed information, routine analysis to drive forecasting, the assessment and control of manufacturing processes, evaluation of vendor performance, etc.
* Initiates, reviews, and contributes to Engineering Change Orders.
* Assists in the development, maintenance, and monitoring of Standard Costs.
* Maintains finished goods inventories to meet customer requirements and financial objectives.
* Works closely with team to schedule and ensure proper inventory levels to support customer needs.
* Partners with Quality and Regulatory to initiate Quality Product Holds.
* Provides support to associates in the field, internal departments as well as global areas for all new and changing products and return goods.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 3 years experience.
* Working knowledge of manufacturing, quality, planning, documentation systems and processes.
* Working knowledge of business products and their therapy uses.
* Demonstrated analytical thinking skills and the ability to organize and facilitate manufacturing problem solving teams.
* Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate assertiveness and persistence.
* Proven leadership skills.
* Knowledge of the maintenance of manufacturing inventory controls and related purchasing, finished goods and service needs.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Manufacturing Environment requirements include: use of personal protective equipment, reading, speaking, hearing, walking, bending, standing, stretching/reaching, and hand/finger dexterity.
* Must be able to work in a clean room environment, adhere to associated policies, and perform gowning of clean room attire in the allotted time prior to start up.
* Requires ability to lift up to 50 pounds and transport up to 500 pounds via carts or mechanized equipment.
* Requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity including ability to distinguish colors.
* Must be able to maintain pace with the assembly line.
* Requires the ability to regularly perform repetitive motions.
* Must be able to work under florescent lighting.
* Requires the ability to bond using repetitive moderate force gripping.
* Requires the ability to sit or stand through the duration of a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.