at Terumo BCT
Posted on Jul. 1, 2017
Provides direction and overall management of assigned factory(ies) supply chain planning and manufacturing operations analysts functions. Develops objectives and plans that support business and corporate goals.
* Warehouse + Materials Management Operations (Includes Inventory Management and Control, Material Handling in the Warehouses, Material Handling on the Production Floor, Receiving, Shipping)
* Responsible for properly receiving, storing, controlling, moving, consuming, shipping, and verifying the factory's inventories and supplies utilizing SAP inventory and warehouse management systems support the mid-range and long-range capacity planning
* This person serves on the factory leadership team along with the other functional / department designees (engineering, quality, operations, finance, etc.)
* Responsible for all aspects of the supply planning and manufacutring operations analyses, processes and tools.
* Works collaboratively with Global Supply Chain, Production, Engineering, Quality and Procurement teams to plan and ensure cost effective and timely production and distribution of assigned products to meet customer requirements.
* Responsible for demand management process for assigned products, and to improve upon sales forecast accuracy results for those products.
* Responsible for factory production schedules and materials requirements planning.
* Responsible for factory capacity and resource planning (tools, equipment, and production labor).
* Responsible for proper ERP part set up, routers, and planning parameters.
* Responsible for RDC distribution replenishment planning and stocking strategies globally for assigned products ensuring effective deployment of stocks to support customers globally.
* Provides influence on short and long-term business goals. Communicates strategy effectively to department to achieve timelines.
* Responsible for ensuring that supply and inventory plans are in support of working capital objectives through a focus on balancing working capital costs, operating expenses and customer service levels.
* Requires constant realignment and adjustment of tactics to meet the needs of our customers while achieving financial objectives.
* Influences internal customers as necessary to ensure successful strategy implementation.
* Directs the professional growth of professional staff by providing individualized guidance, training and supervision.
* Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Translate strategic goals and revenue targets into tactical execution.
* Builds a strong, self-directed team to deliver exceptional products and support to customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
* Minimum 5 years experience.
* Progressive experience in Supply Chain within manufacturing operations.
* Experience in high-volume manufacturing environments.
* Experience with demand modeling and statistical forecasting techniques.
* Experience with planning in a Global environment.
* Experience in inventory control methods, batch control and expiration requirements.
* Experience with ERP systems and Advanced Planning tools required; SAP strongly preferred.
* Demonstrated knowledge and use of the Sales and Operations Planning Process.
* Ability to solve practical problems and interpret and communicate complex issues in a manner that allows maximum product flexibility without compromising quality standard.
* Demonstrated creativity and the ability to think "outside the box".
* Demonstrated ability to analyze a high level of detail and make educated decisions with limited data.
* Capacity to define and communicate challenges and provide guidance to management in developing and implementing positive and proactive solutions.
* Capability to interact with diplomacy and tact while maintaining appropriate assertiveness and persistence.
* Ability to help management team balance supply chain planning requirements with business requirements and identify solutions to meet both sets of requirements.
* Must be detail oriented, well organized and able to work independently and in teams.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
* Commitment to cross-functional problem solving.
* Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
* Possess a strong commitment to company values.
* Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing operations, distribution networks, engineering, customer service, professional communications, computer applications.
* Demonstrated strength in business acumen and business ethics.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
There are requirements to occasionally work outside of normal business hours, consistent with other manager-level positions in order to communicate and collaborate with global team and production shifts
Occassional travel required, at times internationally
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers .
STATE: Colorado (US-CO)
COUNTRY: United States
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado's Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.