at Ivy tech
Posted on Feb. 17, 2015
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION Supplemental Instruction (SI) is an academic support program that targets historically difficult courses. The SI Leader is a student or recent Ivy Tech graduate who has taken the class before and excelled in the course. SI Leaders should be prepared to share with students how to effectively study for the course. SI Leaders attend the same class every day, taking notes and listening closely to the professor.
* Participate in SI Leader Training
* Attend all class sessions and serve as a model student
* Conduct group study sessions
* Collaborate with faculty
* Integrate Content and Learning Skills
* Collect Data for Program Evaluation
The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED : Reports to the Supplemental Instruction Coordinator
SUPERVISION GIVEN : None
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE :
Must have a high school diploma or GED . Some college coursework required. Must be making, or have achieved, Satisfactory Academic Progress. Must have a grade of A or B in the targeted class. Must have a desire and ability to perform work in the employment position assigned. Must be able to maintain the confidentiality and private nature of information and coursework materials.
* This is a part-time temporary position, limited to less than 20 hours per week.
* One class will typically result in a total of 6-9 hours worked per week; two classes will typically result in 11-17 hours worked per week.
* Employees in this position must be active Ivy Tech students or recent Ivy Tech graduate
* Hourly pay rate may range from $7.25 to $10.00, as determined regionally