Posted on Feb. 26, 2018
Under the direction of the Department Manager, supervises shop personnel and schedule of all fabrication projects. Enforces safety and environmental regulations. Makes job assignments to subordinate employees, makes recommendations to the Department Manager on matters related to hiring, termination, suspension, advancement, promotion, demotion, discipline as required. In the absence of the Department Manager will assume duties and responsibilities as directed by the Department Director.
Education requirementsHigh School Diploma and/or GED
Experience requirements• Extensive practical experiences relating to pipefitting, Chute
and plate work, Tanks ETC.
• Strong supervisory and communication skills.
• Blueprint and schematic reading/interpretation
• Minimum 5 years stable work experience in an industrial
QualificationsMonitor work and production schedules;
Meet deadlines and budget constraints
Interact with customers as required
Responsibilities• Direct supervision of Fabrication personnel, including
recommendation of manpower levels, time keeping,
attendance records, training, safety, discipline, and other
related personnel issues.
• Supervise work in progress for jobs related to Fabrication
• Direct and organize staff and equipment to meet project
requirements and deadlines.
• Prioritize work and tasks as directed by Department Manager
• Knowledge of and experience with commercial and military
marine/ship standards and specifications and industrial fluid
SkillsPerform work in heavy industrial setting with exposure to heat, cold, and humidity, fumes, oil, grease, smoke, dust, noise, and involves climbing ladders and stairs.
Work hoursTypically Monday Thru Friday, but frequently requires working afternoons, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays to support Project Deadlines.