Posted on Jan. 11, 2018
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k / Retirement Plan
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth. Our 174 stores are the primary supplier for many small food service operators , families, non-profit organizations , caterers and so much more!
Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment as a Store Team Leader and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry! As a Team Leader, you are on your way to increased responsibility and future growth into leadership opportunities! Team Leader have a passion for customer service, are detail-oriented for stocking and inventory management, and are skilled in operating point of sale and maintaining Store conditions. Develop leadership skills while aiding in supervising sales associates in the performance of their assigned duties.
• Work/Life balance - We offer the best schedule in retail!
• Advancement - We have several leaders that began as Sales Associates!
• Benefits after 30 days - You take care of our customers, so we take care of you!
• Employee Discounts - 10% off your purchases!
Education requirements• High School Diploma / Equivalent
Qualifications• You must be a minimum of 18 years old (required)
• Successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a hair drug screen and criminal background check
• You must maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record per GFS policy
• A valid email so we can follow up with you and let you know what's happening in the process
Responsibilities• Help complete daily Store operations and tasks for the day
• Open and close the Store
• Maintain merchandise - product rotation, proper food handling, receiving, ensure product quality
• Provide exceptional customer service - building relationships, problem solving, building sales
• Cash handling - bank deposits, getting change for cashiers, setting and counting down registers
• Keep up with reporting to support sales, earnings, and minimizing shrink
• Help build and train the team!
• Safely operate power equipment, such as slicing equipment, walkie lifts and forklifts where applicable
Skills• Basic math and computer skills will be required
• Ability to read/write, and communicate in English is required; additional language skills are valued!
Work hours• Store Hours: Monday to Saturday 7AM - 8PM and Sunday 8am-6pm
• Holidays Off
• We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter